ANNUAL BOILER INSPECTION SURVEYS
Compliance with the pressures systems directive is a mandatory requirement stipulating that all Industrial, commercial steam and heating boiler plant within the assigned category shall be properly maintained and subjected to thorough examination annually, or within a period of 14 months at the absolute latest.
Of utmost importance is the need to implement an ongoing maintenance program tailored to suit the plant operating criteria and production regime.
Avoiding these essential activities is a fast track to boiler failure!
On request, ICI Caldaie Ltd are keen to assist customers further by offering proposals for after sales maintenance service contracts, when quoting for new boiler plant within the United Kingdom.
- Regular maintenance and implementing a safe operation regime
- Increases plant reliabilty and efficiency
- Resulting in extended life of the boiler
- Optimises production cost
- Removes risks of critical incident
Entails the inspection of the boiler combustion and waterside surfaces, including the mounted valves, appurtenances and safety devices.
Relates to the actual working examination which involves the commissioning and operation of the boiler and to prove the safety valve(s) by ensuring they operate successfully within the design limits of the boiler and settings.
Part 1 Boiler Thorough Examination Typical Scope
- Isolate and drain down boiler
- Issue permit for confined space entry
- Access scaffoldings / staging
- Open all boiler doors, man ways and inspection ports
- Open or remove burner door to inspect the quarl
- Cleaning of the waterside and fireside enclosures;
- Inspections of the waterside and fireside chambers
- Inspections of boiler valves and safety devices
- Inspect refractory
- Remove valves
- Service valves
- Service the burner
- Boiler surveyor to issue a report of examination Part 1 - prior to the working test
Cases When The Boiler Plant Requires Repairs
- Assign repairer
- Undertake the necessary scope of repairs
- Inspection - non destructive testing
- Reinstate parts and prepare boiler for test
- Apply pressure test
- Reinstate doors ready for operation
Part 2 Boiler Working Examination
- Fire the boiler and gradually ramp up to operating pressure
- Apply the safety valve accumulation test
- Check and adjust combustion settings
- Combustion report
- Valve test report
- Pressure test report
- Boiler surveyor to witness the working test and issue a report of examination Part 2 - released for service